European Data Space for Tourism
The DATES consortium has elaborated this project, representing, and caring about the European tourism data ecosystem with the necessary knowledge, experience and technology to conceive the European Tourism Data Space design from both conceptual and technical perspectives. This includes the deliver a strategic roadmap towards its implementation and engage the community of stakeholders on leadership and operational levels to connect it to and capitalise the existing and future national/regional/local tourism data hubs and sustain the subsequent process and implementation.
The main reasons, which make the DATES partnership ready to successfully implement the European Tourism.
Data Space related assignment are:
- DATES offers the necessary expertise to address the objectives of this preparatory action by covering the quadruple helix expertise: TIC applied to tourism and mobility, academia, travel tech – tourism players, tourism public authorities at national and regional level, having the capacity to engage also the civil society.
- The consortium will engage the ecosystem which will mainstream, build, implement and sustain the European Data Space for Tourism representing the European destination’s diversity.3.The project partners are ready to start implementing the proposal,departing from an existing tourism data space initiative,and counting on key players as IDSA, the industry, the ministries and more than 40 entities supporting the proposal.
- DATES bridges the European level with national,regional and local levels. The project participants are involved in building and implementing the tourism agenda both at European level, including expert collaboration with the European Tourism Convention, Tourism Transition Pathways, Smart Tourism Destinations, European policies and projects and the sub-European diverse governance levels.
- The DATES initiative will develop a strong governance, but already represents a good example of governance that could be replicated and reinforced in the data space community for tourism comprising SMEs, industry, associations, public administration and research from all over EU countries.
The main objective of DATES is to explore approaches and options for the deployment of a secure and trusted tourism data space, ensuring transparent control of data access, use and re-use. The project will therefore focus on the development of governance and business models, while providing a shared roadmap that will ensure the coordination of the tourism ecosystem stakeholders and the connection between data ecosystems at EU level and interconnected data spaces in other sectors.
The activity will promote the vision of a prosperous tourism data space and recommend clear strategies on how to inspire and motivate all key tourism stakeholders to collaboratively build a powerful interconnected tourism data space. Besides providing leadership and practical advice about how every stakeholder in the tourism value chain can contribute and utilise data streams, the added benefits of a European Tourism Data Space will be highlighted from each stakeholder’s perspective. In more general terms, the outcome of the activity will support the digital transformation of the sector, fostering competitiveness, resilience, and sustainability as key success factors to maintain Europe’s leading role.
- ANYSOLUTION SL, Spain
- FUNDACION TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION (TECN), Spain
- IDC ITALIA SRL, Italy
- MINISTERO DEL TURISMO, Italy
- INTELLERA CONSULTING SRL, Italy
- AMADEUS SAS, France
- INTERNATIONAL DATA SPACES EV, Germany
- ARCTUR RACUNALNISKI INZENIRING DOO, Slovenia
- NETWORK OF EUROPEAN REGIONS FOR COMPETITIVE AND SUSTAINABLE TOURISM ASBL, Belgium,
- OUTDOORACTIVE AG, Germany
- DIH TOURISM 4.0, Czechia
- AVORIS RETAIL DIVISION SL, Spain